Who Staffing is looking for a Data Engineer for a fulltime, direct hire opportunity with our client in Elkridge, Maryland
· Our client is looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join their growing team.
· You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our client’s data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
· The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
· The Data Engineer will support our client’s software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
· You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
· The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our client’s company’s data architecture to support their next generation of products and data initiatives.
· Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
· Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
· Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud native ‘big data’ technologies.
· Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
· Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
· Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and cloud regions.
· Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
· Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
· Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
· Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
· Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
· Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
· A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
· Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
· Strong project management and organizational skills.
· Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
· We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
· Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka, etc.
· Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
· Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Apache NiFi, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
· Experience with cloud services: AWS, Azure, GCP
· Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
· Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
· Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of 5 years
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
· Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
· Should be deadline and closure oriented.
· Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
· Should be self-driven.
· Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
· Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture
Our client is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. They are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Our client is a proud Veteran friendly employer.