Who Staffing is looking for a Dev Ops Engineer for a fulltime, direct hire opportunity with our client in Baltimore, Maryland
· Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer. They are a data-driven technology firm determined to create intuitive solutions that inspire and serve real purpose. They value people who use their intelligence and passion to inspire their teammates and make an impact on their customers.
· Maintain highly scalable and reliable enterprise applications using Web technologies cloud technologies such as Azure Functions and Lambda
· Package and deploy applications for production, and maintain CI/CD pipeline and process
· Deploy software components to support data enrichment and transformation in a high traffic transactional data and data warehouse environment
· Provide technical and business explanation and justification for architectural, and design approaches
· Maintain Azure platform for expansive application within an Agile framework. Recommend additional capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions.
· Creates/updates and maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
· Maintain and utilize scripts in PowerShell and CLI to preform automated workloads in Azure
· Maintain, architect and configuring Virtual Networks in Azure
· Troubleshooting, maintain and configure service accounts
· Development and implement vulnerability remediation strategies. Configuration and execution of vulnerability and web application scans.
· Automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening
· Write process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
· Must have working knowledge of Oracle Database, SQL Server database management, and knowledge of IaaS/PaaS management for the following products: IBM, Oracle Database, BEA WebLogic, DataMirror, COGNOS ReportNet, Sun Identity Management Suite, JAVA, JVM, J2EE, Snowflake, Databricks, and Barracuda NGFW
· 1-2 years of experience with maintain Azure workloads as a DevOps engineer in an Agile environment
· 1-2 years of experience as SCM/release engineer, or in a position with demonstrated similar skill sets and responsibilities
· Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
· Experience with configuration management technologies (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar)
· Strong experience with Unix/Linux system administration especially in Ubuntu and Red Hat
· Experience working with CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, Mocha/Karma, SonarQube, etc.)
· Experience in automating manual processes using a scripting language such as Unix Shells (Bash, Ksh) and Ant
· Ability to collaborate with team members, developers, QA and ownership teams to resolve issues
· Experience with WebSphere application server
· Good working experience on Web Services, REST/JSON Services
· Experience with service-oriented architecture development and implementation
· Experience and understanding of architectural principles and frameworks (MVC)
· Strong knowledge of database design principals
· Strong experience with maintaining relational databases across geographical regions including Oracle/DB2/MySQL/SQL Server and PL/SQL queries, Stored Procedures
· Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
· Creative approach to problem solving
· Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of 5 years.
· Experience working on a team using Scrum or other Agile project framework
· Experience with both Azure and AWS
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
· Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
· Should be deadline and closure oriented.
· Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
· High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
· Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
· Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
Our client is an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. Our client began making a mark in the federal healthcare space in 2004, where they continue to actively modernize systems to improve healthcare’s value for millions of Americans. Since then, their work has expanded across various sectors and industries, where they help their customers stay ahead of the new and make the world in which they live, better.
Our client is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. They are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. They are a proud veteran friendly employer.