Who Staffing is seeking a Dev/Ops Engineer for a fulltime contract-to-hire opportunity with our client in Sparks, Maryland
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
· The DevOps Engineer will be collaborating with a team to maintain, monitor, automate, and execute high value, high quality software life cycles. They will be responsible for infrastructure supporting web services platforms and development efforts. As part of that endeavor, they will engage actively with development and QA teams on a daily basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage and execute deployment of new releases and infrastructure upgrades to web services platforms.
· Troubleshoot and proactively monitor web systems, networks and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
· Provide documentation of network operating systems and network topology.
· Implement authorized network enhancements and special projects as assigned.
· Maintain QA, Development, and Stakeholder environments
· Support and maintain recovery systems and operations, including but not limited to: maintaining backup system configuration, performing backup system upgrades, monitoring backups, and performing restores as needed.
· Implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment software processes while recommending new and emerging technologies to solve business problems.
· Participate in a rotating on-call support schedule.
· Supports the organization in the design and implementation of network components, including support of development systems and assistance with testing.
· Provide mentorship to junior members of the DevOps team
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or equivalent years’ experience
· Five plus years direct, relevant work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
· Expert experience with Windows Server technologies including IIS, active directory, certificate management, domain registration, DNS, etc.
· Expert experience with Linux distributions
· Expert experience supporting public facing web sites
· Expert experience in Microsoft operating systems, both workstation and server.
· Proficient experience with load balancing technologies. (Citrix NetScaler preferred)
· Proficient in writing scripts to automate operations in Batch and VBScript (PowerShell and/or Perl considered a plus).
· Expert Experience with Message Queuing (MSMQ, DTC) and .NET applications
· Experience working with Agile development teams.
· Knowledge of various source control and build management technologies including Visual Studio Team Services, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps, and Git
· Proficient with VMware ESXi in a clustered environment.
· Ability to adapt and understand new and emerging technologies.
· Ability to administer large and complex computer networks.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge of SQL databases and Database Administration
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Must be detail-oriented, security conscious, and proficient in troubleshooting.
· Ability to understand how one’s tasks and responsibilities are related to other departments, the company business, and the local industry.
· Knowledge of DevOps processes and best practices including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
· Prior experience with Azure and other cloud service platforms
· Senior Director of Technology – Infrastructure, Lead Architect, Infrastructure Team, Director of QA
· Minimum hours are 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be required to achieve business objectives.