Who Staffing is conducting a national search for a Director of Engineering Program Management for a dynamic 170-employee explosives manufacturer in Camden, AR. This 16-year-old company is nationally-renowned in the manufacturing of hand grenades and small bombs for the warfighter. The client serves customers to include all branches of the military, explosive research companies, and major defense contractors such as Raytheon and Boeing.
Our client is ideally seeking a Director with 10+ years of experience as a program management leader and engineer for a defense industry manufacturer (explosives, chemicals, aerospace, etc).
***Full relocation assistance to Camden, AR is available for this position.***
***This is a 50 hour a week onsite position with working hours of 6:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday and ½ day Friday.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for supervising 4-5 Program Managers.
· Demonstrate results-driven leadership in budgets, delivery, risk, and solution finding.
· Demonstrate effective executive level verbal and written communication skills and a compelling desire to make a positive impact, along with the organizational/motivational skills to make it happen.
· Responsible for knowing status of programs at all times and proactively guiding Program Managers in their interactions with customers.
· Provide communication to Executive Management regarding program status.
· Provide overall program direction, control, and coordination.
· Responsible for all facets of management and contract performance within a specified schedule and budget in accordance with contractual requirements.
· Responsible for military or DoD, US Government, Prime Contractor, Load, Assemble and Pack (LAP) manufacture programs.
· Preparation of proposal and pre-contract negotiations.
· Management of multiple programs at one time.
· Participate in operational and manufacturing budget development and maintenance.
· Work breakdown structures to identify necessary program resources, establish labor and budget estimates, as well as develop program timelines or Master Program Schedules (MPSs).
· Metrics and data analysis to support on-time and within budget programs.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering strongly preferred.
· 10+ years of program management experience required.
· 10+ years of engineering experience gained with a defense industry manufacturer strongly preferred (explosives, chemical, or aerospace manufacturing ideal).
· Skilled in estimating, financial planning, procurement, MRP, manufacturing, scheduling, and program management systems.
· Well versed in industry standard cost control techniques as well as the Earned Value Management System process (EVMS) and Uniform Commercial code and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
· Ability to travel 10% for vendor meetings required.
Physical Job Demands:
· Moderate physical effort required, including standing for extended periods.
· Continuous mental and visual attention required.
· Subject to random drug and alcohol testing under DoD regulations.