Who Staffing is looking for a Front End Developer for a fulltime direct hire opportunity with our client in Cockeysville, Maryland
· Our client is looking for a talented and dynamic front-end developer who thrives in a fast paced environment. A candidate with a “can-do” attitude will thrive at this position, which offers the opportunity to add to their design portfolio a multitude of sites created for a growing and diverse client base.
· One of the primary functions of this position is bringing to life our web designers’ more complex UI designs.
· In addition, the candidate must be able to work well with customers and our customer-relations personnel to implement digital solutions in a clean and effective manner.
· The candidate should also be able to manage their time well across multiple projects within a highly collaborative environment.
· Building custom front-end frameworks for WordPress sites that allow content specialists and designers to complete the website
· Collaborating with back-end developers and designers to fulfill requirements as defined in the contractual agreements with the agency’s clients
· Collaborating with back-end developers to create new WordPress modules that augment internal business functions
· Refining the current front-end automation setup within the development environment utilizing Gulp, NPM and Node.js
· Providing training to designers on how to utilize front end technologies such as Sass, image optimizers, and browser synchronizers
· Participating in scope calls/discussion and providing opinions to help estimate the level of effort to fulfill client requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in CS, IS, Digital Media Design, or other related field
· 3+ years of experience with front-end web development in a professional environment
· Highly experienced with utilizing Node.js and various node modules to aid production automation. Examples include Gulp, Browserify, and Browsersync
· Can code a custom WordPress template from the ground up
· The ability to code refined and user-friendly UI.
· Comfortable with creating wireframes and transferring wireframes into working designs
· A solid point-of-view regarding software design and a collaborative nature
· Effective and professional communication skills
· Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and communicate resolutions effectively
· Intermediate knowledge of PHP 5.x/7.x
· Mac Terminal navigation and function execution
· WordPress 4 template creation
· WordPress plugin implementation and manipulation
· HTML, CSS, SASS/LESS
· MS Office Suite
· Understanding of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Comscore
· Knowledge of additional SPAs
· Ability to write jQuery plugins
· Applicable knowledge of WebSockets