Owings Mills, MD
Who Staffing is looking for a Help Desk Support I for a fulltime, contract opportunity with our client in Owings Mills, Maryland
· The main function of a Help Desk Specialist is to provide technical assistance to computer system users.
· A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location.
· Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity
· May install software or perform hardware testing remotely
· Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors
· Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
· Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
· Associate's degree in computer related field or equivalent training required
· 0-2 years’ experience required
· Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
· Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time
· Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software