Owings Mills, MD
Who Staffing is looking for a Lead Software Design Engineer for a fulltime, direct hire opportunity with our client in Owings Mills, Maryland
The Lead Software Design Engineer designs, develops, tests, integrates and maintains product software and associated software systems. Works to analyze product needs and implements enhancements to provide product competitive advantage.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Senior Project team member for D/3 (Distributed Control System) projects, responsible for product modifications.
· Provides analysis, design, and implementation of major portions of product software.
· Provides sales support activities and customer demonstrations.
· Provides on-site applications analysis, design, consulting, and support.
· Contributes to product and applications strategy and development. Provides product documentation for project modules.
· Analyzes specification requirements and prepares technical proposals.
· Provides product configuration management and software quality assurance.
· Designs, codes, tests and integrates product custom software.
· Provides leadership for analysis, design, implementation, and documentation or product SPRs, QARs and project special modifications.
· Supports all customer technical questions by providing answers or software changes.
· Bachelor's degree in job-related field; or 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have proven ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
· Knowledge of structure development methodology and company tools and techniques, embedded programming skills in Linux, Assembler language & experience coding in C and C++.
· Experience using Azure Dev Ops server or Team Foundation
· Experience with Visual Studio helpful.