Owings Mills, MD
Who Staffing is looking for a Product Support Engineer for a fulltime, direct hire opportunity with our client in Owings Mills, Maryland
The Product Support Engineer will perform a variety of engineering tasks required to support our client’s current and past software releases. Work is performed using well-defined procedures and user manuals in a team environment.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Answers customer inquiries by phone, email, or in person, to provide information and to ensure the best technical service possible.
· Provide best-in-class product troubleshooting and support and acts as customer advocate in resolving issues; lead customers through an occasionally lengthy process to resolution.
· Take ownership of technical issues, working with other groups when necessary to resolve those issues.
· Understand and analyze customer furnished data (drawings, design specifications, manuals, log files and other text or electronic media) to understand problems and develop solutions.
· Participate in various design reviews and bring follow-up actions to closure.
· Expand knowledge of Company’s tools, products, manuals and procedures applicable to assignment.
· Provide documentation for modified product as required.
· Occasionally participate in Bid & Proposal for customer specials, on-site installation, testing, support and warranty for customer upgrade support.
· May be required to design and create specials to the product based on customer specifications.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in job related field; or 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have proven ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
· Experience coding with .NET, C++ or LUA. Previous experience using Visual Studio, SQL, Team Foundation Server, GIT, Salesforce and Setup Factory or similar software.
Our client is a producer of automation solutions for the process and electric power industries. Their products and services simplify complexity, reduce risk and extend the capabilities of the engineers and organizations making the world’s power grids and essential process industries more reliable, efficient, sustainable and secure.