Who Staffing is looking for a SDET for a fulltime contract opportunity with our client in Linthicum, Maryland
Must Have Skills:
· Strong Doer
· Must have experience working directly with management and customers.
· Ability to build and implement framework from scratch. Must have automation and dev experience.
· Excellent Communication - as this resource must be comfortable working in 1 week agile sprints.
· Self-driven technical background is important along with hands-on-experience.
· The SDET will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases, maintaining and adding to existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing.
· The SDET will work closely with Software Engineers in a Scrum team to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
· This is a hands-on, full development lifecycle role which provides an opportunity to solve complex business, data and technical challenges.
· As a key contributor throughout the entire development cycle, you will be required to think outside the box and bring cutting edge technology in-house.
· Candidate quality is the most important here, not speed.
· High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking.
· Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach
· Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values in others
· Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
· A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
· Experience working within a Scrum team and solid understanding Agile principles.
· Understanding of ATDD, TDD, and test automation
· Experience with automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Protractor (must have), Git, Sonar, Fortify, HP ALM, Rally. or SpecFlow.
· Solid database querying knowledge. Preference for MS SQL Server, Oracle a plus
· Solid knowledge Java development with API and RESTful services testing • Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and in-depth knowledge of design patterns
· Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, traders and senior business people alike
· Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views.
· Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented.
· Strong preference for:
· A solid understanding of financial markets and instruments (not required)
· Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from a leading university.