Who Staffing is looking for a UI Engineer for a fulltime contract to hire opportunity with our client in Columbia, MD.
· Our client, a leader in enterprise level association and credentialing software, is seeking an entry level UI Engineer to support their Product, UX, and Engineering teams. The ideal candidate must be a creative, focused, technically curious individual who enjoys both design as well as working hands-on with code in a fast-paced culture. The position is critical to business success and user satisfaction, serving as the linchpin between product design and backend engineering development. This opportunity requires a strategic thinker and problem solver, a person with a strong passion for consistency, usability, and user centered products.
· Our client develops and delivers enterprise systems for associations, credentialing organizations and association management companies. Our client’s two products help professional and trade associations, credentialing organizations and AMCs to achieve higher levels of performance by enabling greater efficiency and agility—which in turn generates higher revenues and smarter growth.
· Our client has 20+ years of experience and the advanced technologies necessary to streamline, automate and improve processes. By simplifying complexities, breaking down barriers to collaboration and allowing customers to focus on the information that matters most, our client’s platform enables organizations to become more agile and responsive to their constituents’ needs.
· Translate business requirements and user experience designs into working products
· Work closely with their UX team to deliver fully responsive and adaptive UI’s
· Support their engineering team in delivering best of breed user centered applications
· Assist Product and UX teams in creating robust data visualizations
· Quality check all UI’s for constituency, stability, accuracy, and adherence to our client’s UI/UX standards
· Attend daily standups, grooming sessions, and discovery meetings as the subject matter expert
· Assist in preparing UI walkthroughs and end user documentation
· 2+ years of experience as a UI Engineer or comparable education
· Understanding of API’s, REST protocols, and JSON
· Thorough understanding of responsive and adaptive design principles
· Experience with version control systems and release management
· Hard-working, proactive, and self-motivated
· Keen attention to detail and deep passion for consistency
· Creative problem solver with a positive attitude
· Collaborative, team player with an openness to new ideas
· Ability to manage multiple projects and day-to-day responsibilities with little oversight
· Material Design
· Familiarity with relational databases and data queries (SQL)
· Data visualizations (a plus if experienced in D3)
· Behavioral data analysis tools (a plus if experienced with Pendo)
· Agile and communication tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Slack