Who Staffing is representing a Baltimore logistics company in their search to find a Warehouse Supervisor to lead operations in a 128,000 square foot customs bonded warehouse facility that stores products shipped through the Port of Baltimore. This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a young, fast-growing organization in which you can make a significant impact and mold warehouse operations as you see fit!
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising the daily activities of the warehouse. Under the direction of the Owner, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all inbound, outbound, and storage functions. The Supervisor will design, implement, and conduct quality control training programs, develop inspection procedures and criteria, and improve and promote quality standards for warehouse employees.
***This position will require a clear background check and drug screen.***
***Hours are 8am-4:30pm.***
· Supervise a team of 5 warehouse associates that could grow to become as large as a team of 20.
· Schedule, supervise, and coordinate the unloading and loading of products from containers from the Port.
· Adhere to all customer packaging/shipping requirements.
· Develop and maintain open communication with customers relative to all warehouse processes to maintain quality control objectives.
· Document cosmetic, packaging, identification compliance issues, and damaged items. Work to resolve discrepancies and non-compliance’s, and ensure problems are reported and resolved.
· Ensure that all safety procedures and policies are followed. Prepare, conduct, and coordinate weekly/monthly safety meetings and Safety Walk-Off Tours. Ensure safety, equipment, and all job-related training requirements are met. Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
· Tour warehouse regularly to answer questions, evaluate operations, and solve problems.
· Respond to customer email orders with excellent written skills.
· Perform all personnel reviews and counseling sessions in a timely manner.
· 3+ years warehouse supervision with broad knowledge of warehouse operations and quality related
· Experience with materials handling equipment required.
· Clean driving record required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills to support staff and customers required.
· High level of competency with PC and Microsoft Office Suite required.
· Commitment to maintain high standards of quality and service required.